Asian Princess

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Who let the Asian out?

I went to Minneapolis the last weekend of November for work. Life there is so different. Everything is indoors. We stayed at the Hilton downtown, which is 3 buildings away from Oracle. Most of the downtown buildings are connected on the 2nd floor by the skyway. I feel like we're little hamsters walking around. :-)

The restaurants there are fabulous. It's quite interesting to see 2 happy hours. From 4 - 7 for the office crowds and from 10 - 12 for the service industry. Some of the restaurants turns into a lounge/club on some nights with DJs and dancing. One of the places we had a blast was Chino Latino. Of course the incigator that I am, I ordered sake bombs for the team. It was $10 a pop! However, it comes with a silly headband that we thought it was sooo cool. It was a great way to boost up morale and the group up.



We hit the jackpot by being there for the team holiday outing. We celebrated by going curling Curling in Wiki. Yes, it's the "silly/boring" game that you saw on the olympics. I wasn't looking forward to it because I'm not very athletic and not to mention, I'm a klutz. It looked like an ice skating rink but you are on regular shoes with soft soles. Within the first 5 mins, I fell on my lovely butt in front of the Oracle employees that I didn't know. nice. Anyhow, it turned out to be a blast! I loved it. It's a great team building event. Kind of like bowling but with several "rocks" using strategic moves to beat the opponent. fun fun fun!





My God sister, Alice, also lived there. She's the hotty on the far left. Barry, my teammate/friend in the middle was bless by her single friends everynight. Here is a pic of Alice, Lily, Barry, Xing, and I at Zelo, the trendy Italian place.



She also took me to a really cool museum Walker Art Center. It's been so long since I went to a museum.



Overall, I thought MPLS is a cool place to visit. It's cold but there're alternatives to hide from the cold.

4 Comments:

  • I have been to Chino Latino before. It's about four blocks from where I used to live! Did you check out the chain of lakes? I am debating driving to Minneapolis while in Wisconsin and running around Lake Calhoun because I am nostalgic for it. I ran more consistently in Minneapolis than anywhere else, as I trained for a marathon.

    Yes, I know it will be cold!

    By Blogger PlaysByEar, at Wed Dec 20, 09:56:00 AM  

  • One more beer.....

    Now I'm offended, you haven't been saving your nuttiness for me!

    By Blogger Jerri, at Thu Dec 21, 03:47:00 AM  

  • Minneapolis is an awesome place. I loved the skyways. I hated going out into the cold so walking through there to get where you were going was cozy.

    By Blogger Denise, at Fri Dec 22, 07:10:00 AM  

  • Play: I didn't get to see Chain of Lakes. What is it? It's too cold for me to run there.

    BS: wait till u see me next time...whenever u have time for me

    Den: It's way cool!

    By Blogger Asian Princess, at Fri Dec 22, 09:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home